Soludo visits Aguata, reveals why its headquarter was burnt
Prof Chukwuma Soludo, the Anambra State Governor, has visited the headquarters of Aguata Local government Area in Ekwulobia.
The secretariat was on Thursday razed by gunmen, including shops and vehicles parked in the premises.
But Soludo who inspected the burnt local government headquarters said the attack was only a reprisal by criminal elements, whose camps were on the same day stormed by security agencies, and most of them arrested.
Soludo said: “Yesterday (Thursday), security operatives smoked out some criminal camps at Ogboji and Aguluezechukwu, and the reprisal is the burning of Aguata LGA Headquarters by some of the fleeing criminals.
“Part of the items found in these criminal hideouts is a register of kidnapped victims and the ransom paid. This is not who we are, never can we, under any guise, allow criminals the latitude to define who we are.
“Ndi Anambra are irrepressible. They are out to reclaim their land. To restore peace, and set the pace for the building of a Liveable and Prosperous Homeland. I repeat, anyone in the bush with a gun is a criminal and would be fiercely resisted by the people.”
The Governor spoke further that “We have extended the olive branch to all genuine agitators, and made extensive calls for those in the bush to come out and shun criminality.
“How do you explain to any sane mind that “responsible citizens” have elected to pursue a supposed legitimate course adopting criminal strategies of kidnapping, arson and murder? This is despicable, not permissible and against any known law of humanity.”
He added that 85 percent of those arrested are from a state in the south east, while the remaining 15 percent are from another state in the same zone, and that there was no Anambra indigene among them.