A new status has been placed on Cristiano Ronaldo as his name has been removed from Juventus’ list of untouchable players.
The Serie A giants are planning a major overhaul this summer and Ronaldo is not a concrete part of those plans.
Following their embarrassing exit from the Champions League on Tuesday, Juventus are currently drawing up elaborate plans for their squad.
The Serie A champions trailed 2-1 from the first leg in Portugal but were eventually beaten on away goals (4-4 on aggregate)
Romano said that Juventus boss, Andrea Pirlo has already decided that he would like to stay in charge next season.
He said that the Old Lady want to build their team around four names, with Ronaldo left off the untouchables list.
“Juventus are planning to rebuild the team,” Romano tweeted. “[Weston] McKennie, Chiesa, [Matthijs] de Ligt, [Wojciech] Szczesny will be part of the project.
“There will be a discussion with Cristiano Ronaldo on his future [contract expiring in 2022].
“[Aaron] Ramsey could leave the club. Pirlo already announced he’s staying.”
Recall that the Portugal captain was signed by Juventus to help them win the Champions League, but the move has proven abortive so far.