More Boko Haram fighters surrender in Borno
Some renounced members of Boko Haram fighters have surrendered on Wednesday in Borno.
They gave up their arms and ammunition to security forces stationed in the Gwoza axis.
The commanders and footsoldiers had escaped from Jaje within the Sambisa Forest.
Operation Hadin Kai troops of 192 Battalion deployed to Gwoza-Limankara road took them into custody.
An intelligence officer told PRNigeria that many terrorists were forcefully conscripted at a young age.
“So far, more than 17,000 members of Boko Haram have surrendered despite ISWAP efforts to stop them,” the source said.
The military expects more submissions before the end of 2021.
Also on Wednesday, soldiers engaged Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP) insurgents at Malam Fatori.
The area, near the border with Niger Republic, is one of the terror group’s strongholds and hosts the Shura Council.
For a very long time this website has been reaching out to readers continuously with incisive, entertaining, enlightening and helpful information.
Journalism requires funds to be effective and to continue with the free access to this venture, we ask you our esteemed reader to kindly consider supporting this noble endeavor.
By your support to AmbrosyMediaInfo, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to everyone.