Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has finally said Nigerian Army ordered the shooting of End SARS protesters at Lekki Toll Gate.
Recall that the Nigerian Army had earlier stated that its men were not present at the toll gate during the incident on Tuesday, October 20, while stating that viral videos of the shooting were “photoshopped”
But, speaking to CNN on Monday, Sanwo-Olu said footage available to him shows that the Nigerian Army ordered the shooting.
He also promised that after investigations, everyone found culpable of the act will be persecuted.
Sanwo-Olu said, “From the footage that we could see, it seems to be that men in military uniform, which should be Nigerians Army ordered the shooting.
”They will be available for the judicial panel to review. They will certainly be held accountable, we will do everything possible to make sure they are held accountable.
”When the report is out we will channel it to all the relevant authorities in the state to ensure that everyone found culpable is accountable for the act.”